Mahara is an online platform zu create and manage e-portfolios. It is offering theuserthe opportunity to create a digital competence profile and make those accessiblefor certain people. With the comment section viewers can give you reviews. Besides the e-portfoliothe user gets to manage one or several webblogs, create and manage files as well as making connections with other Mahara users.
Those are Maharas most important features
- the option to re-use saved content in different perspectives (e.g. biography, your own interests, competencies etc.)
- a free Open Source Software
- works location-bound
- embedding of videos, pictures and other extern files
- the opportunity to tag content (Tagging)
- easy and flexible access control for every kind of content by creating so-called notions which can be made accessible for single people, a group or publicity
- the possibility to administer files and data
- the option to create your own group/s with other Mahara users or to join the community groups.
With Mahara you get to create and design followed class materials:
- an intern report,
- a digital competence profil / CV (internships, competencies, goals etc),
- a learning diary for the teacher with exercises and a lerning process review which can get rated right after.
To use Mahara, you have got to log into Mahara for which you have to use the following website: https://mahara.hwr-berlin.de/
(You can change the language to english at the top right corner)
You can log in on the right side by using your log-in information. By logging in you will be referred to your home screen which will give you following options:
- create a template (with video)
- publish a template (with video)
- Groups (with video)